For companies who use shared contact lists in their Microsoft Exchange public folders, you can synchronize the contacts in that database to your BlackBerry handheld using the procedure below.
The contacts on your BlackBerry will all be stored in the same contats folder. So, if you sync more than one contact list to your BlackBerry they will be combined together on the BlackBerry. It will not affect how they’re stored on the server. You cannot use wireless syncing of contacts and cable syncing at the same time. If you choose to cablesync so that you can have a public folder contact list on your BlackBerry then you can no longer use wireless sync (BES) for syncing contacts.
- Connect to your Exchange account
- Open Outlook and log in.
- Open your BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Connect your BlackBerry to your PC.
- Double-click Intellisync.
- Click Configure PIM.
- Click Address Book then click Choose.
- Click MS Outlook under Available Translators.
- Under Operation, click Synchronize.
- Click the Browse button at the bottom of the window.
- Browse through the Public Folders and click on your shared Contact list then click Add.
- Note: If you have more than one Contact list in the box below the data from them will be combined on your BlackBerry. There is no way to have them stored in seperate locations. If you only want your public folder contact list to be on your BlackBerry then click on each contact list you don’t want and click Remove.
- Click OK.
- Click OK two more times.
- Make sure Synchronize PIM is checked (at the least), really all four boxes should be checked.
- Click Synchronize now.
That’s it! Your public folder contacts will now synchronize whenever you sync your BlackBerry with your pc using BlackBerry Desktop Manager